Indiana Tech is committed to sustainability and environmental responsibility. The university’s Sustainability Council brings faculty, staff, and students together to consider programs, policies, and projects related to conservation of energy and other resources.
Our sustainability initiatives include:
- offering a Bachelor of Science in Energy Engineering.
- receiving LEED® Gold certification for the renovation of the Wilfred Uytengsu, Sr. Center.
- promoting an extensive, campus-wide recycling program.
- being a founding member of the Northeast Indiana Sustainable Business Council (NISBC), whose mission “is to advance sustainability practices by the business sector through education and certification in collaboration with nonprofit, business, government and education organizations.”
- taking part in an Independent Colleges of Indiana (ICI) peer audit program, which takes a proactive approach for universities to meet requirements set by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- using disposable dinnerware from sustainable sources only.
Sustainability Council Members
Bonnie Wilkins, Director of Health Information Technology
Lydia LaMont, Law School
Justin Elder, Buildings and Grounds
Bradley Shank, College of Business
Julie Farison, Marketing
Celia Garza, Law School
Josh Long, College of Business
John Renie, College of Engineering